- Apparently I was passed up on the May 21st rapture. That's ok. I have more Real Housewives series to catch up on.
- I did a 3-day juice cleanse. I was hungry. I lost 3 lbs (which was not my goal) but BONUS. My life was not transformed in the way some have written about. I did feel like it helped me to get back on track following a Disney week-long diet of foods I don't usually eat. And I reaffirmed that beets are on the very short list of foods I can't choke down even if my life depends on it.
- I've decided to take up drinking bourbon. (Not as a hobby, just on occasion.) Every interesting cocktail recipe I see lately contains bourbon.
- Speaking of bourbon, this is my new favorite grown-up milkshake to serve at parties...
1/2 cup whole milk
1 1/2 cups premium vanilla ice cream
2-3 tablespoons pourable caramel sauce1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon bourbon
Mix in blender and serve.
- I've gone viral!!! I did a few months of work testing products and creating recipes for Duncan Hines commercials and campaigns. If you go to the Duncan Hines Facebook page you can watch the commercial. After the commercial you can click on any of the desserts and watch videos of me demo'ing some tips and techniques. To find me, look for these "kitchen timer" icons...
Click and there I'll be...
Don't I look joyful and perky? Don't judge. I was very excited to show home bakers how easy some of these professional techniques are to do at home.
- I also developed new burger recipes for Vlasic pickles. Click here and try some of these recipes out. My personal faves are the Zesty Garlic Guacamole Burger and the State Fair Fried Pickle Burger. My family loves the BBQ Bread and Butter Burger.