Potato Hash and Eggs w/ Cardamom Streusel Muffins
Spicy Potato Hash with Eggs
1 large Russet Potato scrubbed and cubed into 3/4 inch dice
3T olive oil
1/2 medium onion finely diced
1 orange pepper, medium dice
3 oz. Cajun tasso ham (you can use chorizo, bacon, salami, you choose)
1/4 t Smoked Paprika
1/2 t garlic powder
Salt & Pepper
1/4 c. shredded cheese (I used sharp cheddar)
1. Boil the cubed potatoes in salted water until about 3/4 of the way done.
2. Drain and let dry.
3. Preheat oven to 400.
4. In a skillet heat olive oil until shimmering. Add onion, paprika, garlic powder and salt and pepper.
5. Cook until potatoes become browned with some crispy edges.
6. Add diced pepper and tasso ham. Saute 5 more minutes.
7. Divide potatoes into 4 oven safe bowls or large ramekins. Sprinkle with cheese. Crack two eggs over potatoes in each dish.
8. Cook in oven until whites are set but yolk is still soft, about 7-10 minutes.
* If you don't want to divide these into individual dishes, you could cook the hash in an oven safe skillet. Crack the eggs right into the skillet and transfer it to the oven to finish the eggs.